Saturday, February 6, 2010

Angels Among Us....

I've seen so many mortal angels in my life.  I particularly remember a few years ago when I was going through a hard time.  I was having heart problems, and after many visits to many doctors, we concluded that I needed to get a pacemaker.  I was scheduled for the surgery on a Wednesday and the Monday before I got the news that I had a cancerous melanoma on my leg...they said I needed surgery right away to remove the cancer.  They scheduled it for the following Friday....So I had 2 surgeries in one week,  and on top of that we were moving and had to be out of our house by Saturday.  I was overwhelmed, but I am the type of person who has a hard time with having people do things for me....so, I kept telling people that we would be fine...we needed nothing...we could do it on our own.  
Well, despite what I said, I had people show up to my house with meals, brooms, boxes, to take my kids,
to visit me at the hospital, and to offer support in anyway they could.  I remember the Relief Society President came to visit and told me that she was getting non-stop phone calls on how people could help me...I was completely overwhelmed with love, and I couldn't believe all the kindness that was shown to me.

I believe that we are here on this earth to be one another's angels.  God is watching over us at all times, and he puts us in each other's path to help, love and serve one another.  I hope that we can all remember that we are never alone with the challenges that we face...there is always an angel, who is waiting to lift you up, help you, and love you.
Love Lyndi 

No comments: