". . .will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be comforted, that I may heal you." (3 Nephi 9:13)
I think someone is trying to tell me something. In our Sunday School class the past few weeks, the subject of repentance has been raised. In our family home evening group last week our discussion was about "giving away our sins." I was privileged to speak in the Sixth Ward with sister Whipple, our Stake Relief Society Secretary, last Sunday and her topic was on repentance. I was thumbing through my scriptures this morning and my eyes fell on Moroni 6:8 "But as oft as they repented and sought forgiveness, with real intent, they were forgiven." The subject of repentance has been on my mind a lot lately and I think I'm getting the message.
I'm a great believer in the power of repentance and it's certainly an area where I (obviously) need to spend a little more time. Isn't it wonderful to know that our Lord and Savior has invited us to give him our sins so we don't have to worry about them.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks ladies for the great posts! I am really looking forward to an uplifting quick read daily!
Post a Comment