Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm So Lucky...

This scripture, 3 Nephi 17:23,  is so basic....but the few words in it are very valuable to me.  I love being a mother, but some days I want to run as far away as I can go, because it can be so hard.  I have three children 8, 2, and 1, and it's constant craziness at our house.  There was a point in our life when it was easy, because we only had one child.  We wanted more babies so bad, but couldn't have them.  We adopted our little boy 6 years after having our first baby, then 9 months later I miraculously was pregnant.   I felt very blessed.

When the earthquake happened in Haiti, I saw all the little children suffering, with no parents, no one to love and hold them.  I wanted to go over there right away, and take care of all those sweet innocent children.

That night, I was rocking my sweet baby in my arms...she fell asleep, and instead of putting her in bed right away, I held her for over an hour.  I looked at her and remembered all the nights that I prayed for this little miracle to come to us.  I instantly felt overwhelmed with gratitude to my Heavenly Father.  I felt so blessed to live in a safe environment with my 3 healthy rambunctious kids.  I am so lucky to have a roof over my head and food in my fridge, while others are starving, living in tents (if they're lucky).   

So, when I am having one of "those" days with my kids, I am going to strive to look at the big picture.  Instead of getting frustrated and complain, I will hold, play and love my kids to pieces.  I will be grateful for my teeny tiny trials, compared to so many others out there.  
                                                    Much Love, 
                                                       Lyndi

No comments: