
Helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
This scripture is my all-time, forever-after, favorite scripture! I joined the LDS church when I was 19 years old - I fell in love with Joseph Smith's story and I loved reading my scriptures. But I don't even know how to put into words what I felt when I read this verse for the first time. This is it! This is what gives us faith and confidence and hope - if we build our foundation on Christ, we CANNOT fall.
What an amazing promise!
I am so grateful to be able to read from my scriptures each day and to have guidance from living prophets to help us through our lives. I love knowing that Heavenly Father will not leave us alone - He will always be there for us! Build your foundation on Christ, and you CANNOT fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment