Monday, April 26, 2010

TREASURES

In our Sunday school class this past Sunday, our instructor had us read Matthew 6:19-21 which reads, "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal; For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Then the teacher identified some of the treasures being talked about in the scripture. The treasures included things like your family, your family photos, journals, family history records, scriptures, temple, Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I continued to think about that after the class had moved on to other topics. I pondered throughout the day on where my heart lies. I certainly do consider the items listed above as treasures and feel fortunate to have them as possessions. I took time all during the day to think about the "things" I truly treasure. I thought of good friends, freedom, my country, men and women who defend my freedom and country, pets, young missionaries, good health, lovely music and those who perform it, hand-written letters, etc., etc., etc., I could go on and on.

What an enjoyable exercise this turned out to be for me. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I felt at the end of the day for all of my treasures. If you want to feel really good, try this little exercise. It's amazing how wonderful you will feel.

Love, Kathi

No comments: