Typically, on this blog on Sundays, we post information from the RS lessons. However, yesterday was Stake Conference, and I didn't take any notes. So I am just going to write a little about something that stood out to me from one of the talks in conference.
I thought it was important when Brother Lundt talked about how a Stake Patriarch needs to always be prepared to be able to receive spiritual revelation. He talked with Stake Patriarchs that attend the temple weekly, study scriptures for 1-2 hours a day, keep their homes in order so that the spirit can be present. I heard of another Stake Patriarch that said he must be careful of the TV shows and movies he watches, to make sure he can always have the spirit with him. And then Brother Lundt made a comment that I thought was important - he said the Patriarchs live their lives around their callings. They must be spiritual giants.
So I wonder, what can we do to be spiritual giants, to always be open to spiritual revelation for ourselves and our families? What are areas in our lives that we can improve upon? Can we study our scriptures just a little more than we normally do? Can we attend the temple a little more than we normally do? Can we spend just a little more time with our family? Can we watch some better TV programs/movies, and give up the ones that prevent the spirit from being present? We are not perfect, nor will we ever be, but I think it's important to always be looking for small ways to make improvements to increase spirituality in our homes and lives.
Love,
Terri
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment