D&C 8:2-3
(2)"Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart."
(3) "Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground."
There have been so many times in my life that I've thought about calling or visiting a friend or a neighbor but instead of going and doing it, I've decided the time of the day wasn't right or I was busy doing something and decided to make the call or visit when I was through with what I was doing. By the time I finished my project, I'd forgotten or it was too late in the day or something. Later, I'd find out that the person I was going to call or visit had had a need and I could have helped. I've always, always regretted that I didn't act. At the time, I've felt sorry but pretty much shrugged it off.
As I've matured in the Gospel, I now realize that the Holy Ghost was probably giving me a prompting and I wasn't in tune. In D&C 11:25 we are told, "Deny not the spirit of revelation, nor the spirit of prophecy for wo unto him that denieth these things."
Sometimes it isn't easy to recognize when the Lord is calling for your help. I guess the safe thing to do is to just act immediately when you have a thought or an idea. I'm going to try harder.
Love, Kathi
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment