I have always liked the word STRIVING.
The word "striving" does not appear in the Bible Dictionary in order for me to obtain a "religious" definition so I looked it up in WEBSTER'S DICTIONARY. I'm sure the meaning of the word is the same regardless of the context: "To struggle in opposition, to contend, to devote serious effort or energy."
This, to me, is a feel good word. I feel when I am "striving," I am on the right path. I am TRYING to do as I should. I suppose one can 'strive" for negative aspiritions, but I chose to apply striving to something positive. (I'm striving to become better at something, I'm striving to do good, etc.) To me, this word tells me I have a ways to go, I'm not finished, I need to keep trying, etc.; but, it also tells me I still have a chance, I can do better, I can BECOME better. This word give me hope!
"Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." (Luke 13:24) This scripture is telling me that if I'm striving, I WILL be able to enter the strait gate.
Love, Kathi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment