As I was waiting to be given an assignment at the Cannery last Thursday, I noticed a statement written on the blackboard of the waiting area. It said, "Have you done all that you can do?" It reminded me of the hard questions asked in the fifth chapter of Alma in the Book of Mormon where we are asked if we have experienced a "mighty change of heart?" (Alma 5:14) Also, we're asked if we can "stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?" (Alma 5:15)
The pioneers were asked to make tremendous sacrifices of physical endurance and of their temporal belongings which testified of their "mighty change of heart." As I sat there in the waiting room I wondered, "Have I done all that I can do?" My answer, unfortunately, was a resounding NO! We are not asked to sacrifice our temporal goods nor are we put through great physical hardships--not in the sense the pioneers were. But, we ARE asked to sacrifice. We are asked to sacrifice the WAYS OF THE WORLD, we are asked to sacrifice OUR TIME IN THE SERVICE OF OTHERS. We are asked to sacrifice in the PAYMENT OF TITHES.
"Behold, I have seen your sacrifices, and will forgive all your sins; I have seen your sacrifices in obedience to that which I have told you. Go, therefore, and I make a way for your escape, as I accepted the offering of Abraham of his son Isaac." D&C 132:50
Love, Kathi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment