Alma 22:14 And since man had fallen he could not merit anything of himself; but the sufferings and death of Christ atone for their sins, through faith and repentance, and so forth; and that he breaketh the bands of death, that the grave shall have no victory, and that the sting of death should be swallowed up in the hopes of glory; and Aaron did expound all these things unto the king.
I just finished reading The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (most amazing book ever). I was very touched by so many different parts of her story, and one part that stands out to me is when she is released from prison and is about to start doing some more illegal work to help Jewish families. Through an almost failed mission, she writes, "If I had ever needed proof that I had no boldness or cleverness of my own, I had it now. Whatever bravery, or skill I had ever shown were gifts of God - sheer loans from Him of the talent needed to do a job. And it was clear, from the absence of such skills now, that this was no longer His work for me."
This scripture from Alma was such an important reminder to me that absolutely everything we do is a gift from God. Everything we have received, even our challenges and trials, are gifts from God. How important it is for us to stay in tune with the spirit so that we may be guided in our lives to perform the work that God would have us do. We all have our special missions to fulfill, and every experience we gain, every challenge we overcome, is all due to the wonderful love and mercy of our Heavenly Father.
Love, Terri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for this Terri.
And I got the book and have started reading it :)
Post a Comment