Monday, September 13, 2010

Keys of Happiness

In an institute class many years ago, I learned that in 2 Nephi Chapter 5 of the Book of Mormon, we are given very clearly keys that will give us happiness. I marked my scriptures at that time and I would like to share this information with you.

1. Behold, it came to pass that I, Nephi, did cry much unto the Lord our God, because of the anger of my brethren (2 Nephi 5:1). THE KEY IS PRAYER

2. Wherefore, it came to pass that I, Nephi, did take my family... (2 Nephi 5:6). THE KEY IS FAMILY

3. And we did observe to keep the judgments, and the statutes, and the commandments of the Lord in all things, according to the Law of Moses. (2 Nephi 5:10) THE KEY IS KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS

4. ...for we did sow seed, and we did reap again in abundance. And we began to raise flocks, and herds, and animals of every kind. (2 Nephi 5:11). THE KEY IS WORK

5. And I, Nephi, had also brought the records which were engraven upon the plates of brass;...(2 Nephi 5:11) THE KEY IS SCRIPTURES AND JOURNALS

6. And I, Nephi, did take the sword of Laban, and after the manner of it did make many swords...(2 Nephi 5:14) THE KEY IS PREPAREDNESS

7. and I, Nephi, did build a temple...(2 Nephi 5:16) THE KEY IS TEMPLES

And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness. (2 Nephi 5:17)

Love, Kathi

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

Kathi, I love this post! Thank you - I am going to go mark my scriptures with these notes...thanks!!