Sunday, November 21, 2010

WEAKNESSES

While serving in the temple yesterday, I was waiting for an assignment so I picked up the Book of Mormon and read a scripture that I have read many times. Each time I read it, I am aware of my many, many weaknesses and I'm reminded of what I must do to overcome those weaknesses.

The scripture is Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

I can't begin to tell you how many times this scripture has been proven to me. Every time I receive a new calling in the church, I have felt inadequate for the task I have been called to do. Every time, the Lord has strengthened me to do the calling. As I was raising my children, in my career, in my schooling, in my relationships with others, the Lord has strengthened me when I went to Him for help. EVERY TIME!

This is one scripture that we can all put to the test. Our Savior has told us time and time again to try Him and to test Him. He'll always come to our aid. Well, He's never failed me!

Love, Kathi

No comments: