Thursday, August 11, 2011

While listening to Teachings of the Book of Mormon this morning they talked about 3 Nephi 18:18 where it states:

3 Nephi 18: 18 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always lest ye enter into temptation; for Satan desireth to have you, that he may sift you as wheat.

One of the commentators mentioned that sift is to separate. Satan wants to separate us from the church, our friends who love and support us or anyone that has any good influence on us. If we allow him too!!!

We must stay close to the gospel and to those who help buoy our spiritual growth. If we allow Satan to sift (separate) us from attending church, or being with those who help us grow, we can/will get lost in “world”.

We must follow the council to: 3 Nephi 18:15 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always, lest ye be tempted by the devil, and ye be led away captive by him.

I pray that we ‘watch and pray always’, not only for ourselves but our family members and friends too.
Love, Tammy


No comments: