Brother
(Sister), I’m Committed
Commitment
to our covenants with the Lord is a fruit of our conversion. Commitment to our
Savior and His Church builds our character and strengthens our spirit so that
when we meet Christ, He will embrace us and say, “Well done, thou good and
faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21).
http://www.lds.org/liahona/2011/07/brother-im-committed?lang=eng&query="visi
There
is a difference between intention and action. Those who only intend to commit
may find excuses at every turn. Those who truly commit face their challenges
squarely and say to themselves, “Yes, that would be a very good reason to
delay, but I made covenants, and so I will do what I have committed to do.”
They search the scriptures and earnestly seek the guidance of their Father in
Heaven. They accept and magnify their Church callings. They attend their
meetings. They do their home or visiting teaching.
In
some way, each of us stands at a decision point overlooking the water. It is my
prayer that we will have faith, move forward, face our fears and doubts with
courage, and say to ourselves, “I’m committed!”
July
2012 First Presidency Message By President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
No comments:
Post a Comment