We may never know the impact our testimony might have on other people. In fact, we may wonder sometimes if our testimony can make a difference. We might even say to ourselves, “Will it really matter if I say something? I am just one person—one voice.”
Yet each conversion, each testimony, each person’s path to God began with the testimony of someone else. That is exactly what happened in the life of the Lamanite servant woman Abish (see Alma 19). You and I may not have an experience that involves an entire kingdom as Abish did. Still, there will be times in each of our lives when we will be called upon to act based on what we believe. Such was the case for Abish.
…More than a century later, the Savior Himself explained how a servant could have such a great influence: “For he that is least among you all, the same shall be great” (Luke 9:48). Like Abish, we are servants in our Father’s kingdom, and our testimonies do make a difference. When we have the courage to stand as a witness, we may not realize what an impact our single testimony may have on another.
If we prepare ourselves, like Abish, we will become true servants of the Lord, ready to accept the divine charge when He calls upon us to be His witnesses. Taken from the July 2012 Ensign Article: Abish: A Common Servant, a True Testimony By Heather B. Moore
I have often thought when about to bear my testimony, that I am a simple person with such a simple testimony, what can I say that will make a difference? Well, the article in the July issue Abish: A Common Servant, a True Testimony By Heather B. Moore states it so clearly. We can and do make a difference. We just need to be willing to bear our testimony and act when called upon to speak or serve others!
I love reading the Ensign! The stories and articles continually testify to me that this gospel is true and the prophets are here to guide and teach us. Love, Tammy
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment