Monday, February 15, 2010

Be Strong...

Joshua 1:9
Joshua is standing on the banks of the River Jordan probably scared to death about what he is supposed to do. He needs to take over Moses's job as leader of the Children of Israel. He's seen what this job entails while working closely with Moses.  His first big task he must fulfill, is completely overwhelming.  He has to take the entire lot of Israel across the river Jordan to inhabit the Promised Land.

Regardless of his fears, Joshua receives beautiful council from the Lord to “Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”

I like that even though Joshua was close to the Lord and had been mentored by Moses for years, he STILL needed to have the Lord tell him repeatedly to “be strong and of a good courage.”

I think we need to hear it repeatedly too. We need to remember that the Lord has promised to “go before our face” that He will be “on our right hand and on our left and that his angels will be round about [us] to bear [us] up.”



Love Lyndi 

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

Thanks for this Lyndi...it's exactly a scripture I was needing earlier this week. I had to make a phone call that I didn't want to make (just too nervous), but I also knew it was the right thing...so I just said a prayer and reminded myself that because it was what the Lord wanted, I would be able to get through it (which I did). This scripture is perfect! I wish I had it then!