Monday, February 8, 2010

If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear

Doctrine & Covenants 38:30
I tell you these things because of your prayers; wherefore, treasure up wisdom in your bosoms, lest the wickedness of men reveal these things unto you by their wickedness, in a manner which shall speak in your ears with a voice louder than that which shall shake the earth; but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.


The other night, Chad and I were watching an 'end of the world' type of movie and we started talking about what are we doing to prepare in case any type of disaster, big or small, were to come. One of the major things we talked about, outside of being spiritually prepared, was about our food/water storage. Do we have enough to sustain our family during a time of emergency? It was somewhat scary for me to watch some scenes in the movie because of all the chaos; however, our discussion ended with the fact that we are promised that we need not fear. If we are prepared, both spiritually and temporally, we shall not fear. Our discussion left me motivated to be better at preparing our food & water storage, and also gave me encouragement that I don't need to be afraid. I know that Heavenly Father will take care of us.

No comments: