
James 1:19
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
One thing that I learned from Tammy's RS lesson a couple of weeks ago was about different methods of studying the scriptures. For some reason, I thought in order to be reading your scriptures, it really only counted if you were reading them from cover to cover. However, a method that I learned from her lesson (and don't ask me why that never clicked with me before!) was that it is ok to study different topics -look through the topical guide - read different scriptures that deal with a topic you are interested in learning more about. This has really helped me appreciate my scriptures so much more over the past couple of weeks.
So today I felt I needed to study about patience. What can I say? I need more of it. Today was a long day with my kids - and of course now that they are in bed, and are adorably quiet, I am feeling like a failure as a mom. So I think this scripture is very fitting for what I needed to study about today. How much better of a mom I'll be if I can just be swift to hear what my kids want to tell me, to understand what they are feeling, and be slow to order them around. I know I need to try and understand them better, rather than first getting upset.
I'm grateful to have found this scripture today! I'll be praying for more patience!
2 comments:
Terri, Thank you so much for your scripture today. I needed it so..
Tammy
What an amazing post...and by the way, I think you are an INCREDIBLE mom! You already seem to have so much patients, and frankly, I have no idea how you do it all...I love this scripture...thanks so much!!
Post a Comment