Saturday, March 6, 2010

I like to look for rainbows...

In Acts 2:38 it says 
"Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
President Ezra Taft Benson gave this important counsel: "Pray to Heavenly Father to bless you with His Spirit at all times. ... The Holy Ghost is ... a gift from Heavenly Father. ... He whispers to you in a still, small voice to do right. When you do good, you feel good, and that is the Holy Ghost speaking to you. The Holy Ghost is a wonderful companion. He is always there to help you." (Ensign, May 1989, page 82.)
Tonight I had the chance to go to our stake baptism night.  We had 3 adorable girls get baptized from our ward.  After the baptisms were complete the girls came into the room one by one.  They each had a beautiful smile, dressed in  white and seemed so clean and pure.  When they were confirmed members of the church, and received the Holy Ghost, I got the chills.  I thought about what an amazing gift it is to have the Holy Ghost...I feel so lucky to have it as my constant companion.
Love Lyndi 


1 comment:

{Lindsey} said...

Being your visiting teacher the least I can do is leave a comment on your post ;)
Thank you for this beautiful post Lyndi...it was nice to see you at the baptisms last night.