Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This is a Shout out!!

What is a shout-out? It’s a request for open discussion on a topic… so here it goes:

Lately, I’ve been thinking about ways I can make Fast Sunday and my fast more meaningful. When searching the scriptures I found Omni 1:26 which states:

My beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

The questions I had after reading this scripture, 1. how am I offering my whole soul unto him? And, 2 am I enduring to the end (with gratitude, and a grateful heart?)? And most importantly…3. Am I coming unto Christ and partaking of his salvation and the power of his redemption?

With Sunday being Fast Sunday I want to improve my spiritual experience. Do you want to improve your fast? What are you doing to improve?

Please share ways you make your Fast Sunday and your fast more meaningful or even what do you want to try to make more spiritual?

1 comment:

Kathi Sheffer said...

I have found my fast to be more meaningful if I identify just one specific thing and dedicate my fast to that one item. It might be to a person, to an event, to something I want to accomplish. Whatever it is, I focus on that one thing all during my fast and then as my fast ends, I pray specifically about that one thing. When I do this, I find my fast to be very satisfying.