In his General Conference talk in April, 2008, Elder Carlos H. Amado of the First Quorum of Seventy said, "Those who serve will strive to ennoble, build and lift their fellowmen."
In John 13:13-15 the Savior said, "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you."
Since being called as a counselor in the Relief Society Presidency of the Price Hills Ward, I have witnessed countless acts of service by the sisters in the Ward. Whether you have been providing meals or babysitting or cleaning a home, you have lifted your fellowman (woman) and followed the Savior's admonition to serve as He served. You have set an example for me and I love and appreciate you for that.
Each week as we meet as a Relief Society Presidency, we are reminded that in order to fulfill the purpose of the Relief Society, the Lord has commissioned each sister and the organization as a whole to (1) Increase in faith and personal righteousness, (2) Strengthen families and homes, and (3) Serve the Lord and His children. From my vantage point, you are an example on all three areas but particularly on number three!
Love, Kathi
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment