This scripture stood out to me because of an experience that I had recently gone through. When we adopted our little boy Max, I knew he was a very special soul…like all parents, I felt like he was on this earth for an incredible purpose. Watching him grow and learn, I came to realize that he is very close to the veil. He just turned 3 years old, and somedays he says the most profound, inspiring things. Recently we've been having some issues with him being scared, not wanting to be away from me for a second, and it has made him not want to ever go to sleep. Last week I was putting him to bed, and I told him "If you are ever scared in the night you can say a prayer to Heavenly Father and he will comfort you". Max looked up at me and said "mom, Jesus talks to me and he put's his arms out and lifts me up and gives me hugs". I smiled with amazement with tears rolling down my cheeks.
Heavenly Father is ALWAYS there for us…He is waiting for us, ready to give us a hug any time that we need it. Even though we cannot see him, he is there. He smiles down on us every single day in hopes that we will look back up at him. So if you're ever having a hard day, week or year...look up, and he will be there to guide you through it.
Much Love,
Lyndi

2 comments:
What a beautiful story, Lyndi! It reminded me of a talk that was given in my parents' ward this past Sunday (when we were visiting). The brother told about when he took his son to the hospital because of a severe burn. They had to scrape away the burned skin, which was very painful, but the little boy remained calm throughout the procedure (something the dr had never seen happen with such a small child). When his dad asked how he was able to lay there without squirming or crying the little boy said, "Jesus was giving me a hug." I love it! I love knowing that Christ comforts our little ones.
What a sweet story Lyndi. Max is such a precious little guy. Thanks for this message, it is one that I needed to hear.
Post a Comment