A day or two ago I was thumbing through an ENSIGN magazine looking for an article I have previously read. There was something in the article that I wanted to share with someone. I didn't find the article I was looking for but I did come across another article entitled "CHOOSING RIGHT WHEN THE WORLD IS WRONG," by Elder Charles Didier who served in the Quorum of the Seventies from 1975 to 2009. Elder Didier said, "Living righteously in a wicked world requires that we not be afraid to make right choices." He further stated, "Being righteous when we are surrounded by unrighteous influences is a challenge we all face."
In that same article, Elder Didier quoted a statement by M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, "Be in the world but not of the world." Elder Ballard said (paraphasing) that means being involved, informed, understanding, tolerant, appreciating diversity and making a meaningful contribution; but, don't follow paths or bend our standards to accommodate something that is wrong.
In Alma 34:32 we are instructed: "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors."
When we live righteously, we experience true joy. Isn't that what we all want, TRUE JOY?
Love, Kathi
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment