Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ARMOR OF GOD

Even when I was a girl, church leaders taught the youth about putting on the full armor of God to fend off the firey darts of the wicked. D&C 27:17

Verse 15 of D&C 27 states, "Wherefore, lift up your hearts and rejoice, and gird up your loins, and take upon you my whole armor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand."

As we learned about "putting on the whole armor of God," it seemed like we were preparing for something far into the future. The "evil day" was intangible to me. It was a time so far away I didn't take it seriously. I certainly didn't believe I would live to see the "evil day!" Well, I look around me and see what I consider inappropriate dress, I hear inappropriate language, I see inappropriate, compromising pictures of people, I am exposed to violence and inappropriate behavior on TV, I hear horrible lyrics to songs (what some people consider songs). Politicians lye, business leaders are arrested for being corrupt, parents will do awful things to their children.

But, because I was taught to put on the whole armor of God through the gospel of Jesus Christ, the "evil day" does not affect me. I see loveliness, happiness, wholesomeness all around me. I am so fortunate, I know it and I am so very grateful for it.

Kathi

No comments: