Moroni 10:32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
"I plead with you, as one who loves you, to prepare yourselves to come to the house of the Lord. We have a large number of devoted and faithful Saints who go to the temple, but we have thousands and tens of thousands who do not go. To you, my brothers and sisters, to you whom I love so much, I make a plea to you to get your lives in order, to qualify for a temple recommend, to go to the house of the Lord." -Gordon B. Hinckley
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alma 34:32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
"Time is really all we have. And every individual has an equal portion of it. The trick is to get more out of what is available to us." - Gordon B. Hinckley
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With both the Ward Temple Month and the 30 day Book Of Mormon challenge starting tomorrow, I felt these scriptures and also quotes from President Hinckley were very fitting. I testify that if you participate in the reading challenge, you will miraculously have more time in your day. You will be able to feast on the words the prophets have intended specifically for us. You will find ways to apply them in your life more fully.
I also testify that by having a ward temple month, our ward will have many wonderful spiritual & temporal experiences. In our combined RS/EQ lesson today, the Bishop quoted from the Oct 2010 Ensign testifying that by attending the temple, the Lord is able to endow us with His power! He also stated that we will be able to bear all trials and will be able to overcome all temptations. I hope all of you who are able to attend the temple will find time to go to the temple this month!
Love, Terri
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment