Monday, November 1, 2010

SMILING

"Each of us is born with natural 'happiness' hormones. When stimulated, they secrete powerful chemical substances into our bodies. . .Medical science has long known that our mental outlook and well-being affect our physical health. A sign in a large hospital says, 'Laughter is the best medicine.' Smiling is good for the soul. . .So when we laugh, smile, sing, whistle, or exercise, we seem to feel better. We either forget our concerns or they are put in better perspective. As we reach out to others, our happiness hormones are stimulated and we find our true selves." James E. Faust, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?--A MESSAGE TO YOUTH, Liahona, June, 2001, pg. 2.

Today I received an email from a friend that said, "Smiling is infectious; you catch it like the flu, when someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too. I walked around a corner and someone saw my grin, when he smiled, I realized I had passed it on to him. I thought about that smile then I realized it's worth. A single smile, just like mine could travel around the earth." So, if you feel a smile begin, don't suppress it. Smiling is a good thing.

President Harold B. Lee said, "Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you but on what happens inside of you."

THINK about the things that make you smile, then go ahead and SMILE!

Love, Kathi

No comments: