Monday, October 4, 2010

TRUST IN THE LORD

How fortunate I feel that my assignment to post on the blog comes so closely on the heels of General Conference. I am still basking in the spiritual uplift I always receive when listening to the general authorities of the Church.

There is an absolute feast of subjects that I could use for a blog message after listening to Conference. We are told that if we listen carefully, we can all zero in on something said by someone that will apply to us personally. I found that to be the case with many speakers and subjects. I particularly liked the reminder given by President Eyring concerning trusting in the Lord. This is something I feel we can never, never hear too often.

When Alma was counseling with his sons, he told Heleman in Alma 36:3, "And now, O my son, Heleman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day. And to Shiblon he said in Alma 38:5, "And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

If we, indeed, are experiencing trials, troubles, and tribulations, we just need to put our trust in the Lord! We will either be supported in them or delivered out of them.

Love, Kathi

No comments: