Thursday, September 30, 2010

MEMORY OR REMEMBERING

I used to have a great memory. When I was working, I could go to a meeting and never take a note yet I could recall quite accurately what was said, who was suppose to do what, when deadlines were set, statistics, goals, etc.. I could attend classes and remember clearly what was discussed and who said it. Now, I feel fortunate to remember why I call a person on the phone! I truly get upset with myself when I forget an important function or program or event or appointment. I find that if I don't write something down, I'll forget it. Even worse, even if I do write it down, I'll forget!

I am grateful for the scriptures that remind us over and over to remember the Lord in everything we do because our very salvation depends on it. Unfortunately, bad memory will not be an excuse for not living the commandments of God.

Alma 5:18 states, "Or, otherwise, can ye imagine yourselves brought before the tribunal of God with your souls filled with guilt and remorse, having a remembrance of all your guilt, yea, a perfect remembrance of all you wickedness, yea, a remembrance that ye have set at defiance the commandments of God."

It sounds like we won't have a problem with memory at that time and we sure won't be able to say, "I forgot!"

Kathi

No comments: