"For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he that sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation." (D&C 82:3)
I remember in his talk entitled,"Never Leave Him," during our last General Conference, Elder Neal L. Andersen said, "Some ask, Do I have to be so different from others? Can't I be a disciple of Christ without thinking so much about my behavior? Can't I love Christ without keeping the law of chastity? Can't I love Him and do what I want on Sunday? Jesus gave a simple answer: 'If ye love me, keep my commandments.'" (John 14:15) Elder Andersen made a statement that kinda stuck with me. He said, "The road to discipleship is not for the faint of heart."
Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints have been given so much. We have a complete knowledge of Christ. We have the Bible and the Book of Mormon. We have His priesthood. We have temples where we can make sacred covenants. We have the gift of the Holy Ghost. But we must remember, where much is given, much is required." (The above is para-phrased from Elder Andersen's talk.)
Love
Kathi
Friday, November 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment