Friday, November 19, 2010

One Of My Favorites

Mosiah 4:27
27 And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

I often find myself trying to run faster than I have strength both figuratively and literally :). It's great to stretch yourself as many of us are doing with the BOM challenge, by accepting callings that you may not feel ready for, or by being brave and singing in the ward choir :0, but Heavenly Father also doesn't want us to beat ourselves up and fill our lives up with lots of "good" things that may overshadow the fewer "best" things. That's why we need to remember to take a deep breath, be diligent, and do things in "wisdom and order". Man, I wish I was better at that! Besides, who doesn't like to win a prize?

No comments: