Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sweaty Hands :)

2 Nephi 33:1)....for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.

I can't remember the last time I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting. I really like the cozy, low pressure feeling of sharing it in relief society and to be honest, I'm a bit intimidated to walk all the way up to the pulpit, have the congregation's attention, and then try to spit out my thoughts and hope they make sense. I get palpitations, sweaty hands, and shaky knees when I have to give the prayer in sacrament! When I read this scripture, it made me feel silly. Most testimonies that are shared aren't full of new information, in fact they all usually have the same gist. We don't share testimonies to give everyone else big epiphanies. We share testimonies so that we can feel of the spirit, share our spirit with others, and to let the spirit remind us of what we already know but are usually to busy to savor. Basically what I got out of this scripture is that it doesn't really matter if your thoughts come out all jumbled or if you get up there and cry the whole time or if it's short and sweet. If you speak with the spirit, your message will be felt.

No comments: