Monday, January 24, 2011

MARK YOUR SCRIPTURES

I never liked marking up my scriptures until I heard a comment once made in Relief Society. The Sister told about a family member that had passed away. The family loved looking through their scriptures and how there were comments and favorite verses marked. She said "The book was well used" From that day on I started personalizing my own scriptures. I like to write the date off to the side and look back and remember how the Lord gives me hope in all challenges that are sent my way. I recently marked Mosiah 24: 13-14.

13-And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your head and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14-And I will ease the burdens which are put on your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this I will do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

He WILL lift our burdens if we stand as a witness. He wants us to know of a surety that he is the Lord.
GRAB YOUR RED PENCILS EVERYONE!
Loves out to you all! Sue

No comments: