Thursday, February 3, 2011

As I was reading some different talks on trials I came across this article and really enjoyed it. I pulled bits and pieces that were my favorite to sum it all up.

"Questions and Answers", Liahona, Aug. 2006, 44–46
“Why is life so hard? Will I ever get a break from trials? How can I endure?”

• Trials can help you learn, be humble, and become stronger.

• You can avoid some trials by making good choices.

• Life is a test; trials are opportunities to show that you will be faithful.

• If you seek His help, the Lord can help you endure your trials well.

• Come unto Christ in your trials, and He will give you rest.


Life would be easier without trials, but we wouldn’t learn or grow much. Trials can humble us, help us grow spiritually, and remind us that we need the Lord’s help. Trials can help us learn to appreciate times of peace. Most important, they give us opportunities to show the Lord and ourselves that we will be faithful.

Be grateful for your trials, for they too are a blessing. God already knows how you will handle your trials, but He wants you to know it. Pray to your Heavenly Father and ask Him for the strength and the patience that you will need, and the Lord will surely sustain you.


( 1 Corinthians 10:13)
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."


I love this scripture. It gives me comfort at times when I feel like I can't go on anymore. Sometimes in life it seems like trials are never going to end, however we do have to try to look at them as a blessing, that someday, somewhere, maybe we will be able to help someone else go through the exact same thing.

One of my favorite quotes is from Jesus Christ himself.
"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
If in life there might seem like there is nothing to hold on for, just remember it WILL be worth it. We just have to get there. :)


Love, Megan Eaton

No comments: